Effective date: March 2020
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is very important to Aethra Consulting Pty Ltd (the “COMPANY”). Aethra Consulting Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and personalise your experience at MichaelBarrell.com (the “SITE”) and any other domains that Aethra Consulting Pty Ltd may use.
Cookies are small data files, typically made up of a string of text and numbers, that assign the device you are using to access the SITE a unique identifier. This information enables your computer to have a “dialogue” with Aethra Consulting Pty Ltd SITE and permits Aethra Consulting Pty Ltd to administer the SITE more efficiently; and to provide a more tailored and user-friendly service to you. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent; if you do so, this may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our site.
CATEGORIES OF COOKIES
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. (We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics)
The following categories of cookies may be used when you visit the SITE:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
TYPES OF COOKIES
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit the SITE:
- Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the SITE, and how they interact with and move around once on the SITE. These cookies let us know what features on the SITE are working the best and what features on the SITE can be improved.
- Our cookies are “first-party cookies”, and can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the SITE won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the SITE.
- Personalisation cookies are used to recognise repeat visitors to the SITE. We use these cookies to record your browsing history, the pages you have visited, and your settings and preferences each time you visit the SITE.
- Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks. We use these cookies to authenticate users and protect user data from unauthorised parties.
- Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the SITE so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
- Third-party cookies may be place on your computer when you visit the SITE by companies that run certain services we offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
CONTROL OF COOKIES
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. Please be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the SITE.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Android (Chrome)
- Iphone or Ipad (Chrome)
- Iphone or Ipad (Safari)
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to cookies, we may use web beacons, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the SITE to help customise the SITE and improve your experience. A “web beacon” or “pixel tag” is tiny object or image embedded in a web page or email. They are used to track the number of users who have visited particular pages and viewed emails, and acquire other statistical data. They collect only a limited set of data, such as a cookie number, time and date of page or email view, and a description of the page or email on which they reside. Web beacons and pixel tags cannot be declined. However, you can limit their use by controlling the cookies that interact with them.
CONTACTING AETHRA CONSULTING PTY LTD
Aethra Consulting Pty Ltd
Suite 419, 585 Lt Collins St
Melbourne VIC AUSTRALIA 3000